Aims of the Art & Design Curriculum
As artists, we aim for our children to leave Beckstone Primary school with:
- The ability to use visual language (for example, line, shape, pattern, colour, texture, form) to express emotions, interpret observations and convey insights.
- The ability to communicate fluently in visual and tactile form.
- The ability to draw confidently and adventurously from observation, memory and imagination.
- The ability to explore and invent marks, develop and deconstruct ideas and communicate through purposeful drawing.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of other artists.
- The ability to think and act like creative practitioners by using their knowledge and understanding to inform, inspire and interpret ideas, observations and feelings.
- Independence, initiative and originality which they can use to develop their creativity.
- The ability to select and use materials, processes and techniques so they can execute their ideas.
Please click on any of the attached documents to view the Intent and Implementation of our Art & Design Curriculum.