Minutes of Meeting held on Tuesday 13th March 2012 at
Beckstone Primary School.


Mrs Lowery

Mrs Hardy

Mrs Finlay


Mr Warbrick

Mrs Henderson

Mrs Bagley  


Mrs Pike

Mrs Watson

Mrs Hemsley


Mrs Little

Mrs Walker

Mrs Sutton


Mrs Murray   

Mrs Pattinson







Apologies: Mrs Mahone, Mrs Falcon and Mrs Scott

Mrs Finlay recorded the minutes of the meeting.

Minutes of Last Meeting

Members confirmed receipt of the minutes of the last meeting and asked for two amendments:

Treasurers Report

Mrs Hardy discussed PTA Accounts. We presently have a balance of £2824.38 enhanced by easy fundraising amount of £41.67. 

Expenditure included £66.18 for Year 6 Autograph books and also £1500.00 for Reception play equipment.

Bunny Drive

The Bunny Drive is to be held on Thursday 22nd March at 6pm.

Entry and refreshment costs confirmed as £2 per adult, £1 per child or £5 per family (max six to include at least one adult). Tea or coffee and a biscuit to be served at a cost of 50p and juice and a packet of crisps also 50p.

Mr Warbrick to organise a practice run with pupils to generate some interest.

Mrs Finlay to purchase 2 large winners eggs (1 adult and 1 child) plus 2 booby prizes (1 for lowest scoring adult and 1 for lowest scoring chid). Mrs Finlay also to check tea and coffee supplies and purchase as necessary along with juice, crisps, milk and biscuits.
Easter eggs for Easter bonnet and Easter egg designs competition are still to be purchased by Mrs Finlay, but are not required until the last week of term (week beginning 26th March)

Heads and Tails to be played in the interval, £1.00 entry per person with the winning adult receiving 1/4 of the takings, winning child receiving 1/4 of the takings and PTA receiving the remainder.

Mr Warbrick to send a text to parents asking for raffle prizes.

Mr Warbrick has Bunny drive cards and dice.

Mrs Bagley volunteered to help with refreshments on the night, Mrs Murray and Mrs Pattinson will sell raffle tickets, Mrs Hardy to take entrance fee and Mrs Lowery and Mrs Finlay to set up in the hall from 5.30pm.


Mrs Henderson is looking into a new style of staging for the sports hall possibly with a collapsible front section so all the audience can view children. No prices have been given, however PTA should bear in mind potential cost when organising future fundraising.

Sponsored skip is to be held week beginning 21st May 2012. Sponsor forms to be sent out 2 weeks prior to this. Mrs Hardy to supply a sample of new format for sponsor forms to try to encourage a greater uptake of gift aid.


Medals for Olympic event still to be purchased and cost will be approximately £350.00.

As detailed in Fundraising Mrs Henderson is looking into new style of staging for the sports hall, however no quotes have been given.

Any Other Business

The date and times of future meetings was discussed as meeting currently coincide with other family activities e.g. Cubs and brownies. It was suggested that future meetings still to be held on Tuesdays as teachers are in school for their own staff meetings on this day, however the start time to be moved to 6pm for a trial period.

The new access path to school from the main road at Stocks hill junction was discussed. The path will have sloping access to enable parents with prams to use it however when users reach school there are a number of steps from the school gate into the playground. This may cause problems for those with prams. It was also suggested that some Dog poop scoop bins and posters could be put along the path to try to keep clear from dog mess. Mr Warbrick to discuss with Cllr Rae.


Date of Next Meeting
Our next meeting is to be held on Tuesday 22nd May at 6.00pm