Make a Fortune Teller
Time: Half an hour
What you need:
· Piece of paper
· Fine-tipped marker
1. Cut a piece of paper into a nine-inch
2. Fold the paper in half diagonally to form a triangle. Fold in half again, forming a smaller triangle.
3. Unfold the paper and fold in each of the ends to meet in the centre crease, forming a square (see illustration). Flip the paper over and turn in those edges to meet at the centre, forming another smaller square.
4. Lift up the flaps on the other side and place a thumb and finger in each flap to make a moving square form.
5. With a marker, place the name of a colour on each of the four outside squares. Place a number on each of the eight inside triangles. Write a fortune under the flap of each inside triangle.
Here's how to tell a fortune:
Ask a person to pick a colour from the
four outside flaps. Open and close the paper spelling out the colour. For
example, open once for R, close for E, and open again for D. Have the person
pick a number from inside and open and close again that number of times. Have
them pick a number again and open up the triangle with the fortune written